Looking for a quick and easy meal to make in the midst of a busy week? Here’s a recommendation from Wellness Nation Coach Robin Brandes. There are more “Robin Tips” available in the Resources under Recipes. Enjoy!
Cajun Bean Chili
Prep and Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow or red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- Sauté onion and bell peppers for 5 minutes. If using, add cooked ground turkey.
- Add garlic, spices, tomatoes and kidney beans. (adjust seasonings if adding turkey)
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and olive oil.